It’s always amazing when the community comes together to help out when then shelter needs it. With the recent addition of 30+ cats to their population, Kalamazoo County Animal Services is reaching out to find homes for the cats and kittens in their care. Many people are coming forward and asking what they can do. Here are the top 5 ways you can help:
1. Adopt! Adopters are needed. If you've been thinking about it, this is the time. Aside from the large group of cats that came in on the 17th, the shelter has dozens of others that have been waiting even longer for a new forever home. Adoptions are the best way to help.
2. Foster! If you are willing to foster, apply to foster at the local private rescue groups so they can take the cats from KCASE. KCASE does not manage a foster program of their own, so fostering for a rescue that is willing to take the cats in helps make more rescue transfers out of KCASE possible. This gives the pets more time to find homes while they acclimate to life in a house setting.
3. Donate supplies! Lots of animals need a lot of food, litter, treats, basic grooming supplies, bleach, towels and more. The shelter can tell you what they’re most in need of if you call or message them .
4. Volunteer! You can apply to volunteer at KHS and KCASE with one application! Fill it out here —> https://www.kazoohumane.org/volunteer
5. Spay & Neuter! You can prevent the shelter from needing to take in so many pets by preventing them!
For more information about adoptable pets at KCASE, visit their PetFinder site at https://www.kcase.petfinder.com. You can visit them at 1316 Lamont Avenue, Kalamazoo MI 49048. Phone lines are busy, but they can be reached at (269)383-8775 during regular business hours.